This project is read-only.

Wish List for futur version

Aug 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Ask what you want, and i will try to implement it asap

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Hey, just a thought, It would be pretty cool if you could connect to friends and family to see there collections and maybe be able to request a dvd or game loan :)

Aug 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Wow :) not bad idea but not really easy to implements :)

May be i can do that :

Exporting the data to html files, so you friend will be able to publish it or send it by mail.

Does it sound good enough for you ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Hello DarkLord :),

Regarding launching applications, it's already in my ToDo (Workitem 4361 under IssueTracker), you will have it on version 0.8 with others goodies :)

Regarding Cover for mp3, i think i already add this feature, i will verify, just need to find an mp3 with a cover :). I add the issue to Issue Tracker (WorkItem : 4756) and you can expect the feature for version 0.8.

Regarding categories, go to menu: Tools -> Database -> Music data  and you will be able to manage Categories for music for exemple.

Regarding Skin, for the momment it's harcoded, but i can add some if you want (let me know the colors you want). But i plan to have a real skin system for version 1.0. (WorkItem :4757)

Yes, please could you please send me the logfile, or publish it on Issue tracker so i will fix-it for next version.

Thanks for your help.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Hello,

Ok i undestood categories, i think what you want will be available in version 20.7 :) as i have to imagine a beter data model.

But i can add more categories  if neede by multiple people, we can also imagine a trash categorie called "Custom" with very few  field.

Regarding ID3 Covers i fix it and it works on 0.8 :)

I will try to fix the skin selection asap, could you please create an entry on the issue tracker so i will not forget.

I see the 4764, and i can't find why you get the bug :( but i will continue to investigate.

Apha version of 0.8 will be available today, buts it' not stable at all and there is a risk that i corrupt your data as i will update the Database model.

But if you are interested i can send it by mail, as i will not publish alpha version of beta :)

Aug 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Could you please include a section for Art collection? 

1. Include the possibility of adding multiple views of an object.

2. Type of art, Name of object, Size, Origin, Where collected, Date collected, Publication, Field Notes, Collection #, etc. 

3. Section for notes ( detail information about ).

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Darklord what's your e-mail ?

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM
apx470 wrote:

Could you please include a section for Art collection? 

1. Include the possibility of adding multiple views of an object.

2. Type of art, Name of object, Size, Origin, Where collected, Date collected, Publication, Field Notes, Collection #, etc. 

3. Section for notes ( detail information about ).

hmmm in fact my collections is more for media file. And the idea is to update info from the web. so not sure it will works for Art.

But why ,ot, but clearly not in the top of my todo :)

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:15 PM
thadarklord wrote:

thakingoftaintedhearts -at- gmail.com

P.S. I could make a graphical illustration on how database could work in my eyes, tho I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure if it would work.

Then again I do know a little autohotkey and I think I could implement that even in autohotkey.

Whats categories do you want ?

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Hi!

First of all thank you very much for this application :)

Would it be possible to add this?

For books:

1) One can't search for the ISBN number, as the book title is mandatory. I can understand that the title is mandatory when saving the entry, but not necessarily while searching as ISBN is an unique identifier :)

General

1) Could there be defined shortcut keys for all entry types (movies, books etc)?

Thank you!

Cail

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM
caillech wrote:

Hi!

First of all thank you very much for this application :)

Would it be possible to add this?

For books:

1) One can't search for the ISBN number, as the book title is mandatory. I can understand that the title is mandatory when saving the entry, but not necessarily while searching as ISBN is an unique identifier :)

General

1) Could there be defined shortcut keys for all entry types (movies, books etc)?

Thank you!

Cail

Hello Cail,

Happy to see that you like the sofware :)

1- Yes, it's on the todo list, but for the momment i m not searching by ISBN. I plan to put here in version 0.8

2- Yes also, i will create an issue tracker for this one so you will know when i finish it.

Aug 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM
mycollections wrote: "Regarding Skin, for the momment it's harcoded, but i can add some if you want (let me know the colors you want). But i plan to have a real skin system for version 1.0. "(WorkItem :4757)"

Yes, i viewed the application in hexadecimal editor, and we can view xml in the application.
It would be pretty nice possibility for others traductions, skins and others :)

Dec 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Ask what you want, and i will try to implement it asap

Wow! Same motto as the Genie in the Bottle! Not bad!

I have the same wish for keyboard shortcuts as already mentioned (which would make it possible for me to program the remote to control myCollections). But I also have a suggestion on a possible "shortcut" for that idea, so to speak: If you could make it possible to access the dropdown menus via the keyboard, I can use the free application AutoHotkeys to do the rest. I'm talking about the standard windows way of pressing Alf-F to enter the File menu then use arrows and "Enter" to make a selection. This is not enabled in myCollections but I think it's part of Windows?

Another thing that would be nice is to have a filter that makes it possible for myCollections to read folder names which haven't been cleaned up. A suggestion would be to let the user define text strings (with wildcards) that should be ignored, such as "DVD", "Rip" etc. And to replace all dots and hyphens with spaces. And since the movie name is always in the beginning of the folder name, it could be smart to help this filter by being able to specify how many words it should search for, or to implement this automatically and start with, say, 5 words and decrease down to 1 word until a match is found.

Example: "Avatar.Extended.BRRIP.MP4.x264.720p-HR". First replace dots by space. Then the filter should contain "BRRIP", "MP4", "x264",, "720p", "Extended", which leaves "Avatar HR". Search for that, and if no match, search for the first word only, "Avatar". Another example: "Shrek Forever After 2010 BRRip 720p H264 AAC - SecretMyth (Kingdom-Release)". Filter should remove BRrip, 720p, h264, AAC, leaving "Shrek Forever After 2010 SecretMyth (Kingdom Release)". The first 5 words are "Shrek Forever After 2010 SecretMyth" Search for that and if no match use 4 words: "Shrek Forever After 2010".

And the possibility to open the folder is good, but it would be nice to also be able to open the movie with a default application in a single click.

It's a very nice and useful application! But with the above functions it would be like a central application of an HTPC! There would be no real need for Windows Media Center anymore as far as I'm concerned. And a remote could be used if one wants to.

Thanks for all the hard work. I don't mind help you testing betas if you want.

Dec 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 26, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Dec 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hello David,

Thanks for using myCollections.

"I have the same wish for keyboard shortcuts as already mentioned (which would make it possible for me to program the remote to control myCollections). But I also have a suggestion on a possible "shortcut" for that idea, so to speak: If you could make it possible to access the dropdown menus via the keyboard, I can use the free application AutoHotkeys to do the rest. I'm talking about the standard windows way of pressing Alf-F to enter the File menu then use arrows and "Enter" to make a selection. This is not enabled in myCollections but I think it's part of Windows?"

This one is added in my ToDo (issue tracker on the site), I will try to do it for version 1.3. You have already some shortcuts to open movies categories ectc.. go to the option menu to see them.

"Another thing that would be nice is to have a filter that makes it possible for myCollections to read folder names which haven't been cleaned up. A suggestion would be to let the user define text strings (with wildcards) that should be ignored, such as "DVD", "Rip" etc. And to replace all dots and hyphens with spaces. And since the movie name is always in the beginning of the folder name, it could be smart to help this filter by being able to specify how many words it should search for, or to implement this automatically and start with, say, 5 words and decrease down to 1 word until a match is found.

Example: "Avatar.Extended.BRRIP.MP4.x264.720p-HR". First replace dots by space. Then the filter should contain "BRRIP", "MP4", "x264",, "720p", "Extended", which leaves "Avatar HR". Search for that, and if no match, search for the first word only, "Avatar". Another example: "Shrek Forever After 2010 BRRip 720p H264 AAC - SecretMyth (Kingdom-Release)". Filter should remove BRrip, 720p, h264, AAC, leaving "Shrek Forever After 2010 SecretMyth (Kingdom Release)". The first 5 words are "Shrek Forever After 2010 SecretMyth" Search for that and if no match use 4 words: "Shrek Forever After 2010"."

Added in my Todo.

"And the possibility to open the folder is good, but it would be nice to also be able to open the movie with a default application in a single click."

I think this one is already implmented, you can configure click default using the option/preferences menu, or just click on the arrow in the bottom left of a cover. Let me know if its not clear enough.

I don't mind help you testing betas if you want.

Give me your e-mail, and i will send you betas of version 1.3.

Thanks

Jeff

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I can't find any shortcuts at all mentioned except ctrl-A but that doesn't work.

And when I press play (or right click and select "Play"), it opens the movie's folder, no player is started. But I actually think that is fine, or, that it would be nice to have two pssibilities: To open it in a default player, or to open the folder (the latter is nice if the default player isn't very suitable or you want to read the nfo or whatever).

I e-mailed my e-mail to the rocketmail address (I used to have a rocketmail address 1000 years ago - didn't know it still exists!), hope that is yours Jeff?!

May 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Thanks for this amazing software. I´m writing from Argentina! (So excuse my english, isn´t as good as I would like). It could be great if we can track how many of an Item do we have. Like a "How many?" field, maybe with a preset "1", but able to change it to more. (I have more than 1 copy of some items). And sometimes I have 4 or 5 movies or games in the same DVD. Could be any chance of take track of that? For example:  DVD1: Mario, Sonic, Tetris. DVD2: Mario, Pacman, Arkanoid. DVD3: Mario, Sonic, Tetris. So I have 3 x Mario, 2x Sonic and Tetris, 1x pacman, 1x arcanoid, but also I have 2 X SAME DISC! (Mario, Sonic, Tetris). Maybe an option to put more than 1 movie or game in the same spot, but letting the program to search the items by name later. 

Well, thanks for the program again, and for reading.

May 10, 2011 at 8:17 AM
Davitron wrote:

Thanks for this amazing software. I´m writing from Argentina! (So excuse my english, isn´t as good as I would like). It could be great if we can track how many of an Item do we have. Like a "How many?" field, maybe with a preset "1", but able to change it to more. (I have more than 1 copy of some items). And sometimes I have 4 or 5 movies or games in the same DVD. Could be any chance of take track of that? For example:  DVD1: Mario, Sonic, Tetris. DVD2: Mario, Pacman, Arkanoid. DVD3: Mario, Sonic, Tetris. So I have 3 x Mario, 2x Sonic and Tetris, 1x pacman, 1x arcanoid, but also I have 2 X SAME DISC! (Mario, Sonic, Tetris). Maybe an option to put more than 1 movie or game in the same spot, but letting the program to search the items by name later. 

Well, thanks for the program again, and for reading.

Hello Davitron,

Thanks for using the apps. No problem to add the functionality, i add it in the issue tracker. But is not in my top priority until more than 5 people vote for it :)

Nice to read comments from around the world.

Do not hesitate to post bug, improvment etc...

Thanks

Jeff

May 10, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Mar 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Hi,

I use your soft for managing my divx collection.

I can be interesting to :

• have the possibility to rename the physical fiel (for a movie) with the name of the movie
  • generate images/xml for Windows Media Center

Thanks for your hard work

Laurent

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Hello Laurent,

Having the possibility to rename the physical file is already in the todo (http://mycollections.codeplex.com/workitem/8195) you can vote for it if you want.

Regarding WMC no soucy i will create it in the todo, the only point is that i don't have any info about the format of ythe images and xmls, so if you have informations do not hesitate.

I will try to add both for version 2.

Apr 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hi Jeff,

If you choose movies and in "view" group by genre, you only see the movies that have a genre attached and you cannot see the movies that you still have to attach a genre to. Please make the movies visable in a genre called "none" or something like that, so that I can see which movies to handle.

A question about music (MP3) files.

I have my CD's as MP3 files in folders (each CD in a separate folder). I would like to add these albums into myCollections and see only one item per CD album. If I load the files now I see all my MP3 files separate and that is too many to search. I just want to see my separata albums and when I click on an album then my music files appear in the screen (but only for that album). Or maybe a little button on each album to play the enire album. It would be nice if the cover of each album appears on the album (from the ID3 tag). Now the covers appear on each MP3 file, but I would like to see them on each album instead.

Thank you for your wonderful myCollections.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Edited Apr 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Hello Matcho,

Long time without any new idea :)

You request about genre is fixed in version 2.0 i can release a beta of it if you want to test it.

For the music, clicking in the play album launch all the track of the folder already. Do you want a quick video ?

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Hi Jeff,

No need to release a beta, I can wait until version 2.0 for this.

I see now that clicking on the album all tracks are loaded as you told me, but can you also make my MP3 files to play in my default mediaplayer that is associated with my mp3 files? Now, Windows Media Player is starting up but I never use this application any more.

Is it necessary to import every cover one by one for each album? Or can I extract them during the import of my albums from the underlying MP3 files that have them in the ID3 tags? And yes a help video is always welcome.

Thank you for your help, I will enjoy your application even more now. I think this is one of the best ther is.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM

In fact myCollections will you your default media player, just be sure that you player is associated with m3u file.

Do you have mp3 with cover embedded ? if yes can yous send me one ?

how do you imports album ? manually or via "add media" function ?

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Jeff,

Indeed, I needed to associate my default player for m3u files and now it works. I only had it associated for MP3 files, thanks.

I normally import my media by "add media" function. That way I can import a complete folder at once.

I shall send you an example file with a cover included in this MP3 file to: myCollections.team@gmail.com in a few minutes. As this MP3 files has more information inside the file for example the "album artist", and "genre", can you also extract this information while importing my albums? Or is that too much to ask. That way all imported albums have a cover, genre and artist information already included.

Thank you for your help.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hello Matcho,

Music is now working as requested in version 2.0 (Cover, album, genre, artist...).

Regards

Jeff

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Jeff,

It is amazing to see how fast you can fix the whishes of your users. I can hardly wait to work with version 2.0.

Thank you for making myCollections better and better.

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Your welcome, i think i will publish first beta of 2.0 later this week as i need beta tester.

Apr 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Just published 2.0 beta for feedback and bug report.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM

the only things i want is:
1: the possibility for the user to create more categories

2: better image quality on the covers

Feb 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Hello gp252,

For point 1, what kind of categories do you want to add ?
For point 2 where do you need better quality in the detail or on the main page ?
Apr 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Thank you for this really good software.
I Would like to suggest you some improvements :
  • have the possibility to copy files from one media to another
  • have a filter on the extensions when a media is created
  • have a function to check if the file is still on the disk, and if it is not give the possibility to look for it
Apr 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Hello Fedos,

Thanks for your imputs :

Point 1: This one will be present in version 2.7 you can expect it in 1 month.
Point 2 : Added to the Todo, but can you give more some use case ?
Point 3 : When you add a media, the application already look for missing file, does it sound good enough ?

Have a good day.
May 4, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Point 1 : Thank you
Point 2 : For example I would like to import only the .avi and the .mkv because now, the thumbs.db, *.sub,... are also imported
Point 3 : This is exactly what I need but I tried to rename a file and the application didn't tell anything. I will try again.
May 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I did some new tests.
If I remove a file from the disk, there is no warning when I display the media.
I would like to have a refresh button for a media in order to detect the deleted files and to detect the new ones.

I would like to be able to copy the selected files into the explorer. For example if I want to copy a film to a usb key I would like to copy it from MyCollections (Ctrl+C)
May 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Hello Fedos,

CopyTo fonctionality is now available. It will be published on version 2.7

To get the "sync" fonctionality you must go to Add media and add it again.

Regarding point 2 : When did you get the issue ? adding movies or something else ?
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Hello,

First of all, congratulations for your work, it is awesome !!

I have a suggestion of improvement for the movies section. Could you add a check box to indicate that a movie is in 3D ? And this option could put a little label/bookmark "3D" on the cover...
For now I translated "complete" to "3D" in the dictionary, and I put my labels on the cover by hand, but if you think it is a good idea, maybe you could implement it in a future version of your wonderful software.

Thanks a lot !

Noé
Aug 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Hello Noé,

We are working on it.
It will be available in next version.

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Salut,

Toujours excellent travail au fur et a mesure des nouvelles versions.

Une petite suggestion de plus que j'ai vu au dessus mais pour laquelle il n'y a pas de réponse de ta part.

Serait-il possible de rajouter des case a cocher par films comme 1080i, 720p, 3D pour la musique MP3 Lossless etc ?

Serait-il possible de rajouter l'export en vrai site Web avec Type de collections (films, consoles, musique, etc) avec liste et recherche par type, titre, genre, etc
Ou alors il existe une petite structure web qui s'appel GCWeb (qui normalement travail avec GCStar).
Elle mais en page des fichier XML (.GCS) est ce possible que quelqu’un qui s'y connait puisse créer le modèle type.
J'ai déjà essayer mais n'y arrive pas même avec leur aide ici http://forum.jonas.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=355

Je pense aussi a un nettoyage a l'import par exemple des titre
exemple : mon film s’appelle "moi moche et méchant 2 - 2013" que le nettoyage puisse prendre que le titre réel et pas la date. idem avec moi moche et méchant dvdrip etc

Ce sont juste des suggestions je ne me rend pas compte du travail a effectué en tache de fond.

Merci d'avance et très bonne continuation c'est un excellent logiciel
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Bonjour,
Serait-il possible de rajouter des case a cocher par films comme 1080i, 720p, 3D pour la musique MP3 Lossless etc ?
Oui, j'ai commencé à travailler dessus aujourd'hui, je pense que j'aurais terminé ce week-end, de plus vous pourrez ajouter autant de case à coche que vous voudrez.
Serait-il possible de rajouter l'export en vrai site Web avec Type de collections (films, consoles, musique, etc) avec liste et recherche par type, titre, genre, etc
Oui, sauf que je suis nul en html....
Ou alors il existe une petite structure web qui s'appel GCWeb (qui normalement travail avec GCStar).
Elle mais en page des fichier XML (.GCS) est ce possible que quelqu’un qui s'y connait puisse créer le modèle type.
J'ai déjà essayer mais n'y arrive pas même avec leur aide ici http://forum.jonas.tuxfamily.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=355
Je regarde des que j'ai 5 mn.
Je pense aussi a un nettoyage a l'import par exemple des titre
exemple : mon film s’appelle "moi moche et méchant 2 - 2013" que le nettoyage puisse prendre que le titre réel et pas la date. idem avec moi moche et méchant dvdrip etc
Normalement vous pouvez définir ça dans Tools -> Database -> Common Data -> Manage Clean Title.
Ce sont juste des suggestions je ne me rend pas compte du travail a effectué en tache de fond.

Merci d'avance et très bonne continuation c'est un excellent logiciel
Pas de soucis, toutes les bonnes idées sont le bienvenu.

Cordialement
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Bonjour,

Merci pour la rapidité de réponse

je ne comprend pas comment marche "Normalement vous pouvez définir ça dans Tools -> Database -> Common Data -> Manage Clean Title."
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM
BobRegMan wrote:
Bonjour,

je ne comprend pas comment marche "Normalement vous pouvez définir ça dans Tools -> Database -> Common Data -> Manage Clean Title."
Bonjour,

C'est normal, il y avait un bug qui est maintenant corrigé sur la version 2.9. Nous avons aussi terminé l intégration des métadonnées ( 3D, 720P....) pour les filmes.

Vous pouvez nous envoyer un mail si vous voulez tester la version 2.9.
Nov 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Salut,

Etant à l'origine de l'idée des métadonnées, je testerais bien volontiers cette nouvelle version !

Bonne journée,

Noé

2013/11/15 myCollections <[email removed]>

BobRegMan wrote:
Bonjour,

Bonjour,

C'est normal, il y avait un bug qui est maintenant corrigé sur la version 2.9. Nous avons aussi terminé l intégration des métadonnées ( 3D, 720P....) pour les filmes.

Vous pouvez nous envoyer un mail si vous voulez tester la version 2.9.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com