Genre filter

May 14, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Hi,

I recently discovered My Collections and I must say that, after trying many other applications for managing movies, this is one of the best. This could be a big success for a freeware application when discovered by many users.

The thing I like best is the possibility to browse my movies on a screen with only cover pictures of my movies. Simple but beautiful. Also the possibility to make them bigger.

The thing I cannot find (but I think it must be here) is the possibility to make a filter by genre. So that for example I can only search in my "musicals" genre.

Please let me know if this is possible and if not, will you add this feature later on?

Greetings from a happy user in The Netherlands.

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Hello Matcho,

Thanks for testing myCollections, and sorry for the delay but i install a new hard drive this week-end.

There is no search by genre option at the moment, i just add the search by artist 2 weeks ago, but if it's a mandatory option i will try to impelment it for version 1.4 or at least 1.5.

By the way did you try the Group By genre option ?

Have  a good day.

Jeff

May 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Hello Jeff,

When I look in the menu "View" and then click on "Group by" I see something called "Gender" and that is somthing different than  "Genre". But I know now that it should mean genre and it really works for me. Great.

But a feature where I can only see a certain genre would be nice. Or even the possibility to make my own Categories would be OK. But maybe that makes the application too heavy, while we all are very pleased with this nice small and fast application. We don't want to spoil that. I am very please with what you have made so far.

I also noticed that only a few words are translated in Dutch and the rest is in English.

Thank you for your response

Coordinator
May 17, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Sorry for he mistake, i change gender in genre in next version.

You can already add new genre, go to Tool -> Database -> Movie Data -> Manage Movie Genre.

Any help in translations are more than welcome :)

Jeff

May 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM

I found the possibility to add or change a genre, but that does not work very well. When I add a genre in the Movies section I get an error message and the genre is not added. When I try the same with XXX it works fine. Also with the music section, I cannot add another Genre. I tried to reinstall the application but the problem remains. Please let me know how to solve this problem.

I would like the possibility to add a genre to a group of movies. And not the way I do it now: add a genre for each movie seperately.

Concerning the translation. If you like I can make a list with your english words from the menu with the Dutch translation.

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I fixe the bug in add genre for movies in latest build : http://www.mediafire.com/?sb2yl8f0xqhq482

I will try to add an option on right mouse click when you select multiple items to set a genre for the selection, does it sound good for you ?

You can find the dutch file directly in the application in the languages folder.

Thanks for you help.