Multiple editing

Jun 29, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Is it possible to edit multiple movies? For example if I want to add a genre to many movies, I would like to select these movies and add the genre. Now I have to open every movie separately and edit each movie one by one.

I also noticed that If I want to delete a number of movies from the database, I select these movies and press <delete>. But not all selected movies are deleted. I have to repeat this a few times.

Is there a manual available for MyCollections?

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Edited Sep 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Hello Matcho

Sorry for the delay but i was working on another application.

I just finish the edit genre for multiple movies if you want to test it.

I also fix the issue with delete.

Jeff

Sep 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I understand that you have other things to do besides MyCollections and I am patient.

And yes, I would like to test the new release with your added features. Where can I find it? It is not in the download section.

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM

myCollections V1.4.10.0 : http://www.mediafire.com/?098884q1vd5c0kk

Let me know how it works.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Hi Jeff,

I tried your version 1.4.10 and the edit genre for multiple movies works perfectly.

But if I want to delete a number of movies by selecting them and press <delete> it does not work any more at all. It comes with an error message in dutch. In english it something like: "The collection has been changed. The inventory process is possibly not executed" And only one movie is deleted.

I also tried to load a number of movies together with their picures, but all movies were loaded in MyCollections with the same picture. Before adding the movies I have put the pictures in the same folder as my movies with exactly the same names. Did I do something wrong or is this not working yet. Now I have to load each picture one by one which is a lot of work, because every time when I click on "add new picture" I have to navigate to the folder with my pictures. It would be a great help if MyCollections would remember my folder after I have loaded my first picture, but for each picture I have to navigate to my folder.

Until now the rest works fine. If I find more errors, I will let you know.

Best regards.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Hello,

I fix the bug with the delete options.

Could you please give me more informations with : "I also tried to load a number of movies together with their picures, but all movies were loaded in MyCollections with the same picture". How do you do that ?

Jeff

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Hi Jeff,

Let me explain. I make a folder with different movies (avi files) in this folder. In this folder I put also ten pictures with the same file names as the corresponding movies. For example the filenames of my movies are movie1.avi, movie2.avi, movie3.avi etc. Afterwards I rename my pictures into movie1.jpg, movie2.jpg, movie3.jpg etc.. Finally I click on "add media" and I browse to this folder. I click on files in "search patern" and I have ticked the "use in folder image". Then click on <finish>. That's it. The result is all my movies with all the same pictures intstead of different ones for each movie. But now I realize, maybe you have not made this possible yet in MyCollections and I have to add each picture for each movie manually one by one.

I hope this is helpful.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Hello Matcho,

myCollections does not work that way.

To use the "use in folder image", you have to create a folder for each movies.

Folder 1 with Movie1 with any jpg or png, don't care of the name

Folder 2 with movie 2 and another jpg etc....

But i will implement your solution tomorrow by the way :)

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Jeff

I am looking forward to test how your new implementation works. Let me know when you have a link to your updated application.

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Here is the link for version 1.4.11.0 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?k1g383ks7wutcac

Let me know hot it works.

Jeff

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations. You did a great job here.

Everything works perfectly. Now you can load a folder with a number of movies and at the same time load all corresponding pictures with it. You can add and change the genre for multiple movies and also the delete option for multiple movies works fine.

I think MyCollections has the potential of becoming one of the best and easiest movie organizers. I have tried many before but this is much better than many other applications. The only thing is that it is not very known yet. But I will recomend it to everybody.

If I see one or more errors I will let you know.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Thanks Matcho.

I really appreciate your comments.